Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bleached hair - gone ginger - how to go blonde?

So here's the thing



I have natural medium brown hair which I dyed permanently black a few months ago



No problems, until of course I decided I wanted a blonde streak in the fringe



So I bought a "belle blonde" prelightening kit to lift the black dye out.



Did this once and had sort of auberny hair



Did it again to get it lighter so I could dye it blonde eventually, and it went even more gingery



So I bought some "ash blonde" hair dye and tried to dye over the ginger streak



But it made no difference whatsoever, and now I'm still black haired with a ginger streak haha



I don't think prelightening it is going to make a difference, nor is dyeing



How about if I bought a blonde highlighting kit and went over the streak in that? Could that work? The blacks all stripped so I don't see why this wouldn't work



Any ideas??



And don't tell me to go to a salon, because I'm going to



Bleached hair - gone ginger - how to go blonde?

heya i'm a hairdresser...



lol ur not gonna like my answer...so i'll apologise now.



but...



to get rid of any gingerness it needs to be bleached, and problem is home kids do not contain a strong enough level of peroxide to do this properly.



after the bleach has been put on it needs to have an ash toner put on it and at a later stage more bleach.



this is called colour correction.



after the initial bleaching and ash toner, it may still b a lil gingerish so use a shampoo like matrix so silver - its violet in colour and deposits ash tones in the hair to help neutrilise the ginger.



unfortunately this process cant b done @ home. sowwi lol



hope this helps neway

No comments:

Post a Comment