Thursday, July 30, 2009

I want my blonde hair back - no salons in town...am going to have to do this myself. Help me!? : )?

My hair is naturally light blonde and I streaked it last week using navy blue and electric pink highlights (don't ask ; ).



I am pretty desperate to get my blonde locks back, but I live in a small town in Thailand and none of the salons here have even a remote idea about what to do with blonde hair.



Can any kind soul out there explain how I can get the color out and then dye my hair blonde again (I don't want platinum).



I managed to find L'Oreal permanent color stripper, and two DCash colors: N. 10.0 and N. 9.0.



This is all new to me as last week's pink and blue episode was my first hair dyeing experience.



Thanks a million for any help and advice. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!



I want my blonde hair back - no salons in town...am going to have to do this myself. Help me!? : )?

It depends on how permanent the dye you used is. If it's semi- just wait for it to wash out, if it's permanent, it'll still fade a lot, but it will always be a little bit visible.



What you're probably going to have to do is strip your hair. It's not as nasty as it sounds. I've used this product : http://www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/28... (you can get it at CVS or Walgreens, i dunno if they have those is Thailand) several times on myself and others and it's worked great. What it does is it removes all the pigments from your hair, which makes it really ugly. Then you just dye over it whatever shade you want. The other option is use just plain hair bleach, but I think that's a little harsher on your hair. Either way, you're going to have to dye over it to get it back to natural.



Another option is to just dye over it a darker color, either darker blond or brunette or even red. The darker pigments will cover the pink and blue. You could even use a semi permanent color to do this, (I'd suggest that over permanent, actually, herbal essance natural instincts is the best). Anyway, at least then your hair will be a natural color, just not your natural color.



Good luck!



I want my blonde hair back - no salons in town...am going to have to do this myself. Help me!? : )?

Hi there- I would just be care full. I am a student at Paul Mitchel the school in SLC,UT. What did you use to dye the navy, and pink? Do you know if it was a temporary kind of dye? That may be hard to get out- sometimes those types of colors will stain the hair shaft, and be very,very tough to get out. I would never recommend someone to try lightning at home.. but you gotta do, what you gotta do I guess! The color stripper may work, and the N 10.0 and N 9.0 means that it is N-NATURAL and the 10 would be the lightest on the scale, then 9,8,7 ect. till you get to level 1-which is black. You may also want to pick up a toner if possible, or KAVA Shampoo. which will tone the blonde and take out any unwanted yellow or orange tones. Good luck! Be care full!



I want my blonde hair back - no salons in town...am going to have to do this myself. Help me!? : )?

god don't even attempt it!!



as i hairdresser i wouldn't do it for you, it could go spectacularly wrong and leave your hair in terrible condition, best to let the colours fade on their own, to speed that up use dandruff shampoo, that stuff fades anything!!



good luck!



I want my blonde hair back - no salons in town...am going to have to do this myself. Help me!? : )?

You shouldn't even dye your hair. We can do tremendous damage by using chemical dyes and permanents as well as by simply aiming the blow dryer at our heads every morning. Like being in the sun, all of these self-inflicted abuses destroy the cuticle and leave hair wide open to damage. Pulling hair into tight braids or ponytails can increase that stress and lead to breakage鈥攐r even bald spots. But in addition to being a cue that you need to treat you hair more carefully, unhealthy strands can also be an indicator of an unhealthy diet. Without adequate protein, growing hair strands won鈥檛 become as strong and resilient as they should be. And essential fatty acids (found in fish oil supplements, wild salmon, and flax seeds) may also play a role in keeping strands strong, shiny and healthy. If your diet is lacking in them, try increasing your consumption and see if your hair eats it up! Of course, what you eat can only impact hair that is just starting to grow, so it will be several months before any improvements are evident.



I want my blonde hair back - no salons in town...am going to have to do this myself. Help me!? : )?

Travel how ever many miles and... FIND A SALON!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment